DC ENTREPRENEUR WEEK
An annual week-long series of events, created to foster economic growth and encourage entrepreneurship within the business community, through educational events, speakers and workshops
CHALLENGE: Coalescing a once fragmented startup ecosystem with few options and no centralized community, DCEW was one of the first major urban startup conferences hosted in the region, helping to revitalize the D.C. tech scene’s rapid growth.
- DCEW, the first of its kind conference, one of the groups helping to revolutionize the tech and startup community in D.C.
- Big-picture strategy and multiple, vital, local strategic partnerships
- Daily pitch sessions and a successful capital raise from local investors
- Publicity in every D.C. publication including TV, radio, online and print coverage resulting in over 200 mentions and profiles
- Daily panel discussions, fire-side chats, classroom sessions, expert consultation, office hours, happy hours, and an opening and closing party at ten different locations throughout the region
- Newly-established community that helped to foster the environment for the bustling startup scene, which led to major growth for many of the region’s startups stemming from our facilitation of companies’ fundraising, emerging leadership teams and startups engaging in new opportunities
- Widespread coverage of DCEW during its five years, with over 2,000 participants registered over the five-day period for each year it ran
“Simply put we could not have launched DC Entrepreneurship Week without Tara and SilverStrategy.
Their expertise, leadership, and tenacity made our conference possible.”
– Peter Stuart, Co-founder, DCEW